Thursday, February 23, 2012

Twinkie Pie


Yes ,You read that correctly! Twinkie Pie.
   1 box of Twinkies
  2 3.9 boxes instant vanilla pudding
   31/2 cups milk
 20 oz.can crushed pineapple, drained
  Cool whip ,cherries and sprinkles .
In a large bowl whisk together pudding and milk for 2 minutes and set aside .
slice unwrapped Twinkies lengthwise .I used my biggest pie dish or you could use a 9x13 pan .Line the dish with the split Twinkies cream side up , then layer with pudding ,pineapple and cool whip cover with plastic wrap and let set up in the refrigerator for a few hours .
Garnish with sprinkles and cherries when ready to serve .
  I researched this recipe on line and found some variations, instead of pineapple I saw sliced strawberries and bananas.
I was inspired by the recipes of Paula Deen and the blog by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
  Last night was a Boy Scout Court of Honor and Pack Meeting Dinner .
I would like to thank everyone who brought food for the Chili and Pie Potluck .We had plenty of food and it was all delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment